Celebrating Trail Riding Advocacy Since 2001
Preserving a Heritage of Responsible Access to Public Land
Retaining our rights of equestrian access and use of the back country requires a unified, coordinated effort. Although most user groups accept equine use; there are some that would like to see equine activities prohibited in wilderness areas.
Purposes of the Back Country Horsemen of East Tennessee include the following:
- Working to ensure public lands remain open to recreational equestrian use.
- Perpetuating common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness.
- Educating, encouraging and soliciting active participation in the wise and sustaining use of the back country resources by horsemen and the general public.
- Assisting government and private agencies in the establishment, maintenance and management of trails and other back country resources.
- Actively involving youth in activities related to our purpose while maintaining a family-oriented organization.