Celebrating 11 years of Trailriding Advocacy
Preserving Horsemen’s Heritage of Responsible Access to Public Land
Retaining our rights of access and use of the back country requires a unified, coordinated effort. Although most user groups accept equine use; there are some that would like to see equine activities prohibited in wilderness areas. Join online or download the membership form to become part of a group that is working for you, to protect and expand your trail opportunities!!!
The purposes of the Back Country Horsemen of Eastern Tennessee are to:
- Assist government and private agencies in the establishment, maintenance and management of trails and other back country resources.
- Ensure public lands remain open to recreational stock use.
- Perpetuate common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness.
- Educate and encourage the wise use of the back country resources by horsemen and the general public.
- Actively involve youth in activities related to our purpose, and maintain a family oriented organization.