Celebrating 11 years of Trailriding Advocacy
Preserving Horsemen’s Heritage of Responsible Access to Public Land
Retaining our rights of access and use of the back country requires a unified, coordinated effort. Although most user groups accept equine use; there are some that would like to see equine activities prohibited in wilderness areas. Join the organization that is working for you, to protect and expand your trail opportunities!!!
The purposes of the Back Country Horsemen of Eastern Tennessee are to:
- Assist government and private agencies in the establishment, maintenance and management of trails and other back country resources.
- Ensure public lands remain open to recreational stock use.
- Perpetuate common sense use and enjoyment of horses in America’s back country and wilderness.
- Educate and encourage the wise use of the back country resources by horsemen and the general public.
- Actively involve youth in activities related to our purpose, and maintain a family oriented organization.